Monday, July 9, 2007

Emery

I think the Sens are not making any deals until their RFA arbitration has been settled. Mainly Emery's decision. It could price them out of the market pretty quick. I should say, the Sens are not dealing to add any players. I'm sure Murray has been trying to deal Gerber $3.7MM (and possibly Corvo/Schaefer I've heard). But most GMs are not dumb, and the dumb ones will not have any cap room to take on Gerber. I think there's something to him being a $3-million minor leaguer, for the Sens to have cap room.

Emery didn't get an offer sheet from the Kings. Too bad. I think that it would have been kewl to see Emery and LaBarbera play locally. I see Emery's future as a Cujo type goalie. Playing his best for a losing team that gives up a lot of shots. I am afraid that Miller set a precident for Emery to get around $3.5MM...

No comments: