Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Sharks Jersey

Going to order my new Sharks jersey with 97 on the back!  That's right.  JR signed a one-year deal with San Josie.  Now JR will get his Cup and retire after this year!  But seriously, I hope it works out, which means that he needs to get 5 goals this year, playing on a 3rd or 4th line.  Once he breaks 500 goals, he can 'officially' retire.  Poor Roenick's game hasn't been very good since the lockout.  But I wish him well and it is a great excuse to get Sharks/Sens tickets for March.

2 comments:

Poo said...

As of now, that is the weirdest acquisition so far this season. My guess is that they want to have him there to 'celebrate' the feat (if it actually happens) and that will sell more tickets?

GONO13 said...

I would say the Kings getting Aubin is weirder, unless a Cloutier buyout is in the works. I think that JR is not that bad of a signing. There's no pressure/expectation on him to perform & he's bringing veteran presence for their eventual playoff run. Believe me, they need it. Mike Grier, Nabby, and Craig Rivet are the older, character vets on the Sharks....