Monday, November 12, 2007

Big Weekend

Was a great hockey weekend.
 
The Sens/Habs game was pretty good. Montreal got the early lead and Huet was stellar. Pretty exciting hockey for 1-0 score. The Sens broke the game open late in the third (5-minutes left) and Ottawa's second losing streak of the season ends at one game.  Sens 3-1.
 
Roenick scores 500! I read about it, since the in-laws were at the house and I was taping the Kings game, but needed the other channel open. I guess it was a pretty fluky goal. I didn't imagine JR would be playing this year, much less get to 500. And at least #499 and #500 were game winners. And he got it against Phoenix no less. Modano also became the highest scoring American player.
 
So, I'm watching another 0-4 Kings blowout loss yesterday. We were about to leave for the mall and I skipped to the end of the game to see the damage. 4-4? What the? Unfortunately, I forgot that the non-Center Ice games on Fox don't record for 8+ hours. I missed the last 2 minutes of the game and OT. Well, the Kings came back with 7 minutes left in the 3rd. I saw them tie it 4-4. I read that they took the lead with 5 straight goals, then Dallas tied it to force OT. Kings win 6-5 in OT.
 
Good stuff. 

No comments: