Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Amazing

Well, it's been a long time since the last posting.  But I've decided to continue on with the blog.  Last night's game #5 was awesome.  3OT thriller.  I thought the Wings came out pretty flat and looked nervous. It is interesting that Babcock said the same thing during an on-ice, in-game interview.  I was concerned about the 2 goal deficit, but figured there was a lot of game left and the Wings simply weren't playing their game.  An amazing comeback by the Wings to steal away the momentum and the lead; and even more interesting tie by the Pens with 35 seconds to go.  I thought the Wings were dominant in the first OT.  Then looked a little spent in the second OT.  But overall, were taking the play to the Pens.  Hudler's high stick double minor had to be called.  But a great, exciting game.  I was a little depressed after the game, since the Cup would not be awarded after such a long battle.
 
Unfortunately for the Wings, the team which loses the marathon OT game, generally loses the next game as well.  I've seen this happen more often than not.  If this is the case, the Wings are in trouble.  Because you don't want to have the Cup riding on a game #7 against the Pens.  So, the next game is pretty big.  The Wings also have age against them.  Older legs on the Wings roster and they have less than 48 hours to mourn game #5, travel, and recover.  But, I am still pretty confident in the Wings.  They have shown incredible poise throughout the Final and I don't expect anything less for Game #6.  A definite challenge for Babcock and Co. But, it is finally becoming the series that all the hockey sportscasters wanted.  I'm enjoying every minute.

No comments: