Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Shake-up

Well, the team shake-up I expected is coming a few games later than I predicted. Today, the Senators GM promised to do just that. I'm not sure that it puts you in the best bargaining position to tell the media that a "shake-up" is coming. But, c'mon how many GMs don't know that an underachieveing team is trading/dealing under a position of weakness. I'm interested to see what, if anything happens. It won't be that soon, however. As, the holiday roster freeze is coming up. So, probably something to announce early next year/month.
 
I did read that the Heatley/Spezza/Alfredsson line is being broken up, among 3 different lines. So be it. Those guys haven't had the mojo this year. I think Heatley and Spezza will do less defensive damage on separate lines. The fourth line can remain intact; as they are the only ones playing hard. (Kelly, Neil and Fisher being exceptions) I think Volchenkov was missed last night, too.

No comments: