Monday, January 24, 2011

LAKings Time is Now

My Kings started the season winning 10 of 13 and leading the League, which ironically brings them to today having lost 10 of the last 13 and out of the playoffs.  In November they won only 4 games, but in December lost only 5. The roller coaster season that is the LA Kings comes to a crucial point. Fortunately they are due for a long winning streak.
LA has two more home games to close out a brutal January, then it's a 10-game road trip. We don't see the Kings at home in February until the 24th. I can easy see this as the make-or-break point in the season. They went 2-6 in the 8-game homestand that started the New Year. I figure, 7-3 is the what is needed for this roadtrip. I don't want to make too fine a point of it, but missing the playoffs this year would be catastrophic.
I'm getting ahead of myself. Tonight is Boston and the Sharks are in town on Wednesday. Time to get things rolling before the roadie with a 3-game win streak.

No comments: