Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sports Fan

I've had a good run of luck with getting LAKings tickets, recently. I was able to attend the last two home games. As a huge hockey fan and Kings fan, there is nothing that beats seeing a game live. I'm not sure if the speed, sounds and beauty of the game is fully shown on TV. No broadcast captures the energy in the crowd (or lack thereof). That being said, I can't see how the average person can afford season tickets. Yeah, yeah, yeah we're in a recession and everything feels expensive. But I didn't pay for these tickets, and after parking, food, and babysitter, I don't think I could afford to see the next game if tickets were given to me.
Fortunately, the local coverage on Fox Sports is great. I'm pretty spoiled with HD broadcasts and the best announcing team in the business. It's also nice to start watching the game via DVR after the kids are put in bed, and speed through all the commercials, icings, and intermissions.
I guess I'm not that much of a hardcore sports fan. Attending games will remain a treat for me and I don't mind that.
 
 

No comments: