Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The End?

Not yet... I think the Sens have at least one more win in them. Pretty much lost the series on Monday though. Came out like the Sens I know, but playing for only 10 minutes doesn't get it done. I thought they were destined to win, since the Ducks came up with so many posts. I liked Poo's comment about the shaky brilliance of Emery. That's why he's fun to watch; maybe not the most technical goalie, but he's athletic, aggressive and a battler. I will give Alfie the benefit of the doubt about shooting the puck at Niedermayer. I don't think there was a vendetta, and it's not in his character. I don't doubt that he was frustrated, but it wasn't like the Sens were down and out at that point in the game. I think most people, refs included, were surprised and confused by the play. But a lot of things were out of character, like Emery's dive. What was that? Priessing and Redden had off nights and couldn't even make the simple D to D passes. Several guys ran into each other. When it's bad, it's really bad.

I almost wish the Sens didn't show flashes of their 'earlier 3 rounds self'. It just shows that they can bring their game together, but not consistently. There is a little hope, but playing 3 periods of Senators hockey out of 4 games isn't getting it done. Fisher seems like the only guy that remembers how they got to the Finals. Phillips and Volchenkov are still solid. Neil is his agitating self. But everyone else needs to be desperate, times two.

No comments: