Sunday, June 3, 2007

Wrong

I was wrong. Sens didn't win big, but they at least played big. This series finally had a game with more evenly matched play. But it wasn't a one-goal game, as I predicted. The Sens didn't blow-out the Ducks, but battled back after three one-goal leads; that was pretty exciting.

Spezza proved me wrong. I actually saw him hit someone. He was scoreless, but had much improved play. He played hard, that's all I ask. I hate lazy skill players. Being a lesser-skilled grinder myself, lazy guys drive me nuts.

Refs were wrong. Well, maybe not wrong, but highly inconsistent. I figured the Alfredsson goal was to be disallowed and we move on with the game. Then my mouth dropped open. Disbelief & confusion were battling in the corner of my brain. Far lesser 'kicked' pucks were disallowed earlier this playoff.

Pronger was wrong. I like McAmmond. He brings it. Speed, forecheck, good PK. Sens will miss him. The suspension is a bummer. Because Pronger put one by Giggy too. It's like the Sens are losing two players from one head-shot.

I'm pretty stoked. More because of NOT having to go into a 0-3 series depression. And because Justin gets to go to game #5. I don't feel like the Sens have turned the corner. They got the beat down for games #1 & #2. And squeezed a high flying one out at home, with a disputed goal. It means nothing unless they tie up the series. At least each game has seen a better effort. Which is a good trend for Monday.

No comments: