Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It has begun

Well, the '07-08 NHL regular season is here.  I guess it officially started with the publicity stunt in London over the weekend.  But I see tomorrow as the 'real' start of the season.  Hockey should start in October, not September.  I'm excited.  It's a very long haul over the regular season, but I'm still anxious to see the first games.  Which kids will emerge (backstrom, price, bernier, foligno)?  Which guys need to retire (JR, modano)?  Who will continue to defy old age (chelios, brind'amour, selanne)? 
 
I am looking forward to see how the Kings do, with the overhauled roster and new goalies.  Squeezing in to the playoffs is a noble goal.  I just got tickets for next month's Sharks/Kings game.  I will also be following the Sharks a little bit this year, as I am hoping for Roenick to get his 500 goals and retire already.  Sharks are contenders, so if they happen to get JR a Cup this season, he can retire happy and content.  Of course, it is still all about watching the Senators.  Ever since the lockout, I have been following the team.  I find it ironic that I am following the Senators and hating on the Ducks.  Basically, the Senators are the Ducks; as the Kings are the Maple Leafs.  Both sets of teams are neighbors and one is the newcomer; and younger brother happens to have the better team and current success.

1 comment:

Poo said...

Who the hell is foligno?
Rumor has it that the Pens will start the season overseas next year. The NHL doesn't need overseas expansion. There are enough issues here. And the leagues in Europe are competitive and at a high level. Its not like you are watching the IHL over there. Leave well enough alone.

Kings will suck again this year. Chicago however, may not suck as bad.