Thursday, September 25, 2008

Darth Gerber

Well, I missed yet another pre-season game. I quickly figured-out that the one game I saw televised was a fluke. But there are 82 relatively meaningless games ahead, so missing a few pre-meaningless games don't bother me.  I do scan the write-ups, to see how guys are playing. I guess plugger/checker/fighter Chris Neil scored two powerplay goals last night; and also fought Aaron Asham. That's a pretty good night. Jesse Winchester got a lucky goal, but so far has not played himself off the top line with Spezza and Heatley. Winchester has been good along the boards and responsible defensively. Basically he can get the puck to Spezza and play defense for him. Marty Gerber debuted his new mask. It's sort of an inside joke. He thought he was going to be traded last year, so he never got his mask painted and was sporting an all black mask. Teammates eventually called him Darth Gerber. He ran with it and had this year's mask is painted with a Vader theme.  It's a pretty subtle design, but very fitting.

No comments: