Monday, November 24, 2008

Finally

Well its been a few games (like 6) but the Sens finally won. They had some pretty good efforts in the previous two games, only to lose in the shootout. So, technically they have points in their last 3 games. But the last home game against the Rangers was a solid victory. It was also the unveiling of the Senators 'new' third jersey. The theme was Back in Black; accordingly the new jerseys are black. I think they look really good. Black always looks good, but the styling of the red and white striping on the arms looks good on the players. What I don't really care for is the word "Sens" printed on the front. I do refer to the team as the "Sens". But I can already see people unfamiliar with hockey asking, "What is a Sen?". I tend to not like team name jerseys: Rangers, Islanders, Dallas, etc. It usually means that the marketing team can't make a decent logo. That's true in this case. I hate the Senators many logos. So maybe the "Sens" script is an improvement? I would have gone old school and brought back the big "O" logo instead. It may be kinda lame, but at least it has some tradition to it. The best logos are original six teams: Blackhawks, Redwings, Bruins, Maple Leafs, Montreal. So going old-school is at least justifiable, more so than with a nickname like "Sens". I will probably buy this jersey when it goes out of style at this time next year. But if it had a better logo, I would have been tempted to pay full price and get it now.

No comments: