Friday, November 14, 2008

worse than the worst

Sens lost a disappointing game to the basement dwelling Islanders. I don't know what to say. They just don't look sharp. There was some running around in the defensive end during the Montreal game, but as a whole have been stronger than during the first 'slump'. They have just been making each goalie they face look like a stud. Ultimately, scoring 2 goals in the last 3 games is their problem. While the defense has improved, you don't win if you can't score. The Sens can't score.
 
I just heard that Barry Melrose got fired from the head coaching job of the Lightning. I'm a bit surprised that it happened this early. But I wasn't sure how much of a coaching pedigree Barry had other than letting Gretzky do his thing for the Kings. Melrose is a solid commentator so I don't think he will remain unemployed, but I would be surprised to see him as a head coach again.

No comments: