Thursday, March 5, 2009

Leclaire

After a solid day of thinking about it, I'm a little disappointed in the Leclaire acquisition. He may be a legit starting goalie, but any goalie with a history of injury problems is bad news. There's nothing more frustrating than a goalie that's in and out of the lineup. As long as he stays off the IR, I'm hopeful. But I see brittle goalies as a thing to shy away from.
I'm probably just as disappointed that the Sens aren't loaded with draft picks/prospects. I was sure that Bell, Schubert, Neil, Kuba, or Comrie were going to bring in something. Anything. It would have at least given the appearance of change/hope. 
My deadline dream was getting rid of Spezza, for a top tier goalie. I'd sacrifice the offense to shore up the goaltending.
The bottom line is that the rest of the season will be tough to watch. There's nothing to play for. Leclaire probably won't play until next season. PK will be worse with Vermette gone.
My only hope is that, with the current state of goaltending, the Sens will slide down the ranking and improve their draft pick. I guess I'm rooting for a 29th or 30th place finish.

No comments: