Monday, October 17, 2011

Bittersweet Playoff Update

One of my rec teams finally made the playoffs. Well, that's not an accomplishment at all, since all the teams play in the playoffs. But we finally started playing well together these last 4 games and made the playoff finals! We went 3-1-0 during playoff pool play and are +10 in those games. We have already beaten the team we face this Saturday. Unfortunately, I won't be there and it's killing me, too.
Several months ago, I signed-up to attend my high school reunion. To be fair, it was booked before I even started playing with this hockey team & the playoff schedule was not set. But as much as I want to be judged by my late childhood peers for my financial/career, marital and physical well being; I would rather eat the $70 event fee and play the hockey game.
On the bright side, I'm not a key cog in the playoff machine. I know my place and role on the team. I'm definitely more of any energy and forechecking guy, than skilled goal scorer. Having less of me and more of our top end guys will be a good thing. And getting to take my wife out to dinner without the kids as always a good thing.
 

No comments: