Friday, October 14, 2011

Week 1

We're roughly a week into the NHL regular season. I've been watching NHL Network for my daily highlights. And I usually hit Sportsnet and TSN websites daily for scores and stories. I've decided to save the money and not renew my Center Ice package. I'm watching the Kings games on Fox Sports HD, that doesn't require four, extra monthly payments.
Last night was the North American opener for the Kings. They started well, but quickly played down to the Devils. This is similar to what happened against the Sabres. Start well, then go flat. More depressing was that Quick lost in the shootout. Damn. Quick and Stoll were an automatic extra point last season. That's not the way to start a new season.
Excuses are aplenty. Lots of travel, new faces, etc. But the main thing is that Kopitar looks to be back in form after a rather nasty ligament tear. I didn't expect any less, but losing Kopitar's production would have been a major issue. I'm pretty patient at this point. The lines will sort themselves out soon. Chemistry will develop. They just need to be ready for the home opener next Tuesday.
I've read that Jimmy Howard has two consecutive shutouts, Crosby and Malkin are currently out of the lineup, Bruins are 1-4-0.
 

No comments: