Thursday, July 31, 2008

Randy Couture meets Ono Boys


So Kalani and I went to Barnes & Noble last night and got a photo-op with Randy Couture at his book signing. In the 10 seconds or so of standing there with him, he was a genuinely nice guy. I know it's in his best interest to put on a good face, but he gave everyone a smile and thanked them for coming. It also didn't hurt that he liked Kalani and gave him a high-five and fist bump. So the guy's OK in my book. I also noticed Kim Couture on a back patio, but she was unavailable for a photo-op.
The back story is that my fellow MMADudes.com friend Scott, went with me. He got us two Xtreme Couture t-shirts at the last minute and after work, with the hopes that Randy would sign them. It was clear from the signs that he wasn't going to sign other stuff. But, we took them in anyway. Well, Scott got a case of mudbutt from Jamba Juice on an empty stomach, or nerves from being within 50-feet of an MMA Legend. So, he bailed to the bathroom at the last second. I had Kalani, camera, book & stroller so only Alisia could have handled that while also pulling out a t-shirt and sharpie. Bottom line? No t-shirt autograph. Bummer. At least Scott saved the receipt, so I'm not out $40 for a t-shirt I'll never wear.

Below is a Qik video I shot with my phone.

No comments: