Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Role Models

Tiger has taken quite a beating lately. I used to respect his requests
for privacy from the media. But now it appears that he has plenty to
keep hidden. So, can Tiger ever be a spokesman again? How will this
effect his brand and Nike or Gatorade/Tigerade? It will be interesting
to see.

People can do things which are nearly impossible to recover from. Once
you start to associate a person with a specific trainwreck-type event,
it overwhelms their personality and alters your impression of them. It
erodes all respect and replaces it with anger and disgust. I feel that
an explanation and meaningful apology would go a long way to start
some recovery. Not the halfhearted and coded message that Tiger put
out. But most of all, you are disappointed that all the positive
memories are now clouded. Will things ever be the same, probably not.
A new chapter is unfolding. We'll have to see how it unfolds, but it
doesn't look good. I'm at the point where I don't want any more
details to come out. I've kinda given-up on the guy for now. It's up
to him to win back my respect, if that is even possible.

No comments: