Friday, December 11, 2009

UFC 107, cookies & Christmas

The weather is supposed to be horrible; rain all weekend. Getting around will be a nightmare, and the kids will be cooped-up all weekend. I'm pretty excited. Why? Well, I'm going to the see the UFC 107 fight on Saturday. That's always a good time. Boy's Night Out. Hopefully a good fight card.
Also, this weekend we're doing the Christmas cookie bake-off. I actually have nothing to do with the baking, but it smells great. The whole family is excited about mixing, licking and decorating. I think the cold and rain will provide even more of an excuse for hot cocoa; and running the oven all day will at least help to heat the house.
I'm glad that my wife loves to really get into Christmas. Baking 6 to 8 different types of cookies for the friends and neighbors is becoming tradition. We already put the tree up, but that is met with quite a bit of fanfare, holiday music and Christmas movies.
My Mom loved Christmas as well. I feel that it is my responsibility to make the holidays something special for my kids and pass on the tradition. It meant the world to her that the family be together at Christmas. So, it means a lot to me. A weekend indoors will do just the trick.

No comments: