Monday, June 7, 2010

Training Camp Update

Ok. Last night I realized I have wasted most of the last two weeks doing the wrong thing. Sure, the extra cardio will come in handy and was much needed. But I was really obsessed with my weak & weenie shot. I started shooting pucks in the back yard almost immediately. Late last week, part of my Hockey Giant order came in. I got my practice stickhandling puck. (I could have used a tennis ball, but didn't) So, I lost some time working on my stickhandling. But the eye opener was putting on the inline skates last night.
Wow. I have not used any core skating muscles in a long time. I had assumed most of my issues were from ice skating, but I am weak at skating period. I was tired at the end of each day from my cardio workouts, and just kept putting off any skating. I should have been skating more than anything.
Well, I still have this week. I can get several nights of skating in. I don't want to get too used to inline skating anyway. But I can really stand to strengthen the overall skating.

No comments: