Monday, August 30, 2010

I put the ice in novice.

My first season of ice hockey is over. The final outcome was a 3-11-0 record for the team. We didn't make the playoffs and finished near the bottom of the standings. Unfortunately, offense is a big problem. We were shutout in almost half of those games. I didn't help all that much. When I did manage to score, we won or had a close game. But, I really have to finish my changes at a higher rate.
The bright side is that the team remains upbeat. I'm excited about playing again next season. The "new-ness" of ice is still there for me. It's a challenge to just get out there and skate. But another long season like this one, might kill my enthusiasm.
I am not sure where our reinforcements are coming from. Ryan isn't going to be able to play after all. I guess I don't blame him with a new mortgage and all. The ladies are probably staying in the women's league. We really need to improve the team in order to have a chance. I don't know what to expect. I'm blindly hoping for the best.

No comments: