Monday, October 4, 2010

NG Fighters: Game Recap

I'm not into the habit of writing a review for every game the Fighters play. But this one was noteworthy. It had the Fighters starting the season 2-0-0, and also scoring 11 goals. Both are nice accomplishments.
 
First off, the fact that the game was an 11-9 track meet was largely my fault. I can't play defense to save my life or a goal. My positioning was always too aggressive and I got beat back to the net repeatedly. When I stayed back I was too far back. It was a mess. Luckily, our top line of Virags was "on". After the first game I thought that we had ringers on our team. After matching up with a mid-level team from last year, I think we are just fine. We traded goals and lead changes all game. I believe that we came back from 2-goals down, twice. It was a ton of fun, yet also miserable. But a very big lesson for me about playing defense. I suck at it.

No comments: