Monday, November 29, 2010

Holidaze are here!

Well, once again Christmas has snuck-up on me. The last thing I remember was trick-or-treating, now it's Cyber Monday. I haven't even begun to think about Christmas gifts. I had a business trip to Japan that stole a week of time and felt like two weeks. Then, I had a week off for Thanksgiving. And now it's practically December.
I love the holidays. There are several traditions we have been following. Decorating the Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. Baking lots of cookies for friends and neighbors. Building gingerbread houses with the Chans. Renting out the ice rink and playing hockey with the family. Golfing with my Dad.
With all this stuff going on, I have to remind myself to enjoy the moment and not get too caught up in the planning or expectations. It's easy to be too busy. I'm going to make a priority of taking it one weekend at a time.

No comments: