Monday, May 28, 2007

Worried? No. Anxious? Yes.

Good old fashioned beat down. Typical Senators game, play smart and dump the puck in to limit turnovers, use strong forecheck to create turnovers, take the play to the opponent, get to loose pucks first. However, we were on the receiving end of this gameplan. Senators got their own game given to them, and I didn't like it too much. The physical play of the Ducks created much of their chances. Big Line was ineffective with the puck.

Silver lining? That said, the Sens still almost had the perfect road game, despite playing marginal hockey. Score early and take the crowd out of it, then weather the storm. The Sens never trailed, until late in the game. Their powerplay made Anaheim pay for their sins, but the 5-on-3 PK won the game. Shoulda, woulda, coulda; but the Sens nearly pulled one out that they shouldn't have had.

I thought I was anxious for Game #1 to start. Now, I can't wait to see what adjustments/effort shows-up in game #2. To the uneducated, the Sens have not been outplayed in any game this playoffs. Only periods of games were sub-par. So this game was confusing to me. I kept expecting a Sens rally. The turnovers kept happening. Sens were dumping, but not chasing hard. Tape to tape passes were rare. I'm glad they were ahead or tied the whole game, but the effort wasn't up to par. I expect a different team to show up for game #2. They better...

No comments: