Thursday, May 3, 2007

*WHEW*

Huge games last night. It goes without saying that game #4 is all important. Just past mid-way for a 7 game series. No sweeps in this round. That leaves 3-1 or 2-2. Wings came back in nail-biting fashion. I think they got close to 50 shots again. Late goal by Lang tied the game. I watched Lang well before his Detroit time or even when he put big points up in Washington, we're talking LA Kings in the mid-late 90's. Why? Only because he wore #13. I think the Wings had to have game #4. Statistically, going down 3-1 is big trouble. As-in less than 10% come-back ratio, trouble. Speaking of 2-2 series, I think the Rangers will be glad to take their chances in a three game series with Buffalo. Go Rangers.?!

Sens got a huge win! I was shocked that Brodeur gave up soft goals in such an important game. Yes, Emery finally out-played Brodeur. Interesting, that both goalies had a assist in the game. Devils had powerplay chances early and mounted some attack in the second period, but it was otherwise mostly Senators. All my favorite guys got on the board: Alfredsson, Heatley & Fisher. Finally, Fisher gets a goal in the playoffs. He's been playing really well, just not getting it in the net. I had mentioned to Grant that I was hoping to NOT have a game to watch on Monday, when the new TV gets delivered. Hopefully, the Sens can close the series out on Saturday. At least they are in good position.

No comments: