Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gaaaah!

I'm not happy this morning. Like a true fan I'm calling foul on the officiating last night. (Maybe I should be an NBA fan?) :) Basically, a pretty serious effort by the Red Wings was wasted. Yeah, I'm pretty much taking any credit away from Hiller for stopping 45+ shots. But the go ahead goal by the Ducks was scored on a phantom interference call. When even the homer announcers for the Ducks call it a bad call, it's gotta be an OBVIOUS bad call. And the game tying tap-in, with 1:30 left to play, was blown dead. Last game was a classic that went into 3OT. This one should have gone into OT as well.
 
Canucks stifled the Blackhawks with a quasi neutral zone trap. Kinda boring, but how else do you slow down those young and quick legs? The 'Hawks have had a bad habit of getting behind in this series, and couldn't mount the amazing comeback this time. Khabi looked a bit weak in goal as well.
 
East coast drama tonight. Bruins look to get back to their winning ways; after pretty much laying an egg in their last effort. Caps and Pens look to continue an epic battle. I doubt they can top last game. But I'm willing to find out.

No comments: