Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hot Wings & Dead Ducks

Well, it was another wacky bit of officiating tonight, but the Red Wings overcame it. I am terribly relieved that the Orange County Goons lost. Yet, all possible props to Hiller. That guy single handedly made me want to throw my remote through the TV in frustration, for the last 7 games. I do like S. Neidermayer and Teemu. I can appreciate the skill that Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan bring to the table. But I DESPISE Pronger and am glad to see him go.
There was a scary moment, when the Ducks got a powerplay goal off a horrible call. Pronger cross-checked Hudler in the back, sending him into Hiller. Hiller & Hudler looked to be hurt for a moment; and Hudler got an interference call. It would have killed me knowing that Pronger helped his team win with a cheapshot that lead to a powerplay.
Ultimately, I agree with several newswriters; the Red Wings were the superior team in practically all the games, but Hiller forced the series to go longer than it should. The Ducks met a team that was disciplined and deep, who could make them pay for their undisciplined play.

No comments: