Monday, May 4, 2009

Weakend

Well, it was all sunshine and rainbows after the first games of the second round. All of my teams had won. (The Penguins didn't win, but that's what I really wanted) However, all of the second games had the opposite result. All of the series are tied, except Penguins/Capitals, whom only played one game so far. It was a bit of NBA styled scheduling I am guessing. By starting the Penguins/Capitals series a day late; it was Bettman's way of getting two NBC weekend games out of it.
 
The Red Wings lost a heartbreaker last night. I give the Ducks zero credit, when I say the Wings didn't look their best. 'Cause they didn't. But, it was probably more for the fact that these teams are pretty evenly matched. The triple OT win was deflating. I've said it before two or ten times. The winner of a long OT game has a HUGE advantage in the next game, historically. That means bad news for the Wings. On the plus side, I don't think we've seen the best out of the Red Wings yet.
 
'Canes had a nice rebound game and shutout the Bruins. That's huge for their confidence. I missed that game, but it sounded like Ward stole a game. Good for him. Only three more to go...
 
The Blackhawks games have been the most entertaining so far. Game 1 featured a 3-0 comeback that didn't quite materialize, 5-3 Vancouver. Game 2 started badly. 'Hawks down 0-2. Another huge comeback, this time a 6-3 win. Great games!
 
Man, I hope Varlamov stays hot and downs the Pens. The two goals he did allow were actually a little on the soft side. But he's got save of the playoffs, with a reach back, goal line stoning of Crosby that kept the game tied. Wow.

No comments: