Monday, September 27, 2010

NG Fighters get reinforcements

Well, it was a much better off season than I had expected. I got to the rink only to find a packed locker room. We had apparently picked-up a few new players. There was a rumor of us getting several new guys "from Canada", but I didn't put much stock in it. Yet, we started the game with 3 forward lines. A new defenseman and new goalie.
 
The new guys made all the difference. We came back from 0-2, to win the game in overtime 3-2. The downside is that our new defenseman will probably not play anymore games with us, since he already plays in an upper division at TSC. The new forwards are probably well beyond the Novice division as well. I know that ringers are a part of all rec sports, but I don't think that makes it right. It is an interesting personality for guys that sandbag and play well below their skill level. Isn't a person that picks out inferior competition to insure victory, a bully?
 
 
 
 

No comments: