Monday, April 4, 2011

Fullerton Municipal Golf Course

Finally got back onto the golf course this past weekend. My Dad was in town and we made it over to Fullerton Muni GC for an 8:00 AM round. Seeing as how my last round prior was played around Christmas, it isn't really fair for me to consider myself a golfer. Well, I tend to run hot and cold with most things, and I still consider myself a video gamer despite long absences in that area too. With that said, here is my review of the course.
I base my enjoyment of a golf course largely on how well I happen to hit the ball that day, green fee and pace of play. The positive points with Fullerton GC were that the course was in good shape, and I was able to get a Saturday morning tee-time on the Wednesday beforehand and the green fee was $46 with a cart. While Long Beach is more convenient, I have had nothing but very long rounds on the weekends. For the same amount of money, I'd rather add a 1-hour drive to a 4.5 hour round, than golf locally for 6.5 hours. We moved through the course at a good pace and I had a blast. Fullerton is not a very long course, but it does have some nice tight fairways and elevation changes. The anthill greens are on the small side as this is an older-style golf course, but they were also on the slow side and relatively flat. I think a long hitter would over power this course, but that's not me. Fullerton GC was a good value in my mind. I would definitely go back.

No comments: