Thursday, April 7, 2011

LAKings Playoffs 2011

We are in! I find it not so ironic that the Kings punched their ticket into the playoffs with a shootout win, with Quick in net and Stoll scoring. I believe that 9 extra points have come in this fashion. Now we get to play our freeway rivals for a home and home series to finish the regular season. The Ducks have finished strong. Perry hit 50-goals last night with a hat trick performance. Teemu has come up big the last few weeks as well. Meanwhile, the Kings have lost Kopitar and Williams in the last few weeks.
I still have a good feeling about the Kings. All of the playoff bound teams are looking to buckle down defensively and get some dirty goals if necessary. But the Kings have played a stingy defensive style all year. That's something you can't easily throw a switch on. Still, having Kopitar and Williams in the lineup would have been ideal. I don't know about the players, but it's hard for me to get up for these last few games, rival or not. I'm already getting set for Game #1 of the Cup Playoffs.

No comments: