Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Gladiator Rock 'n Run - Entered

My team is officially entered in the Gladiator Rock 'n Run and the countdown to Saturday, May 7th has begun. Frankly, I am shocked that the 3 other guys signed-up so quickly. I figured there would be a couple days of hazing for the wishy-washy guy that couldn't commit. But within two days we got a team together and four guys on-board, that's got to be some sort of record.
There are several cool looking obstacles I am looking forward to. Beside the obvious mud hills, slippery mud slope, and mud crawl; there are lots of stairs, an 8' wall, cargo nets to climb over cargo containers, slip 'n slide into a mud bog and fire. The fire sounds cool, but it's actually a fairly lame obstacle.
The best part of the event is that they have a party at the end of the course with a couple bands and a beer garden. I think what sent me over the top was that the whole event is put on by Dan "Nitro" Clark one of the more obnoxious and my favorite American Gladiator (well, beside Gina Carano). Thus the name, Gladiator Rock 'n Run. How can you not get on board for that?

No comments: