Friday, October 16, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Sunday will be the annual trip to the local Pumpkin Patch; we'll go on
a few carnival rides and pick-out this year's orange gourd. It may be
a bittersweet time, as my eldest daughter is starting to outgrow some
of the miniature rides, but not her love of all things Halloween.

I've always been a step behind on the development of my kids. I just
get used to bottles and they move onto baby food. Get used to diapers,
and the're already working on potty training. So, this weekend it will
be a matter of trying to figure out how to keep things fun for both
children. I still want my daughter to enjoy her all-time favorite
holiday, without denying her younger and smaller brother the rides she
can't go on.

The bottom line is rolling with the punches. I learned early on that
you can't over-think or over-plan these things. While I'm actually
aware of a possible problem for once, it's any old random thing that
makes for a memorable trip in a kid's eyes. You might remember
dropping & breaking a $20 pumpkin in the parking lot. The kids only
remember throwing pumpkin seeds and stringy goo at each other.

No comments: