Thursday, October 29, 2009

Injury Bug

It happens every year, a key injury on a team which tests the roster
and resolve. The Penguins were already dealing with Gonchar being out,
but on top of that Malkin is out for 2-3 weeks. Why am I mentioning
the Penguins? Because both guys happen to be on my fantasy hockey
team. I think it's going to kill my chances. Damn.

The Senators lost Anton Volchenkov to a shoulder injury last night.
Huge loss. A-Train is the main checking and shot blocking threat for
this team. Thank God the Sens have Carkner for some toughness. Anton
is injury prone, but with his willingness to throw his body around at
high speeds and in front of pucks, it's not exactly unexpected. The
team may or may not struggle without him. But they will definitely
allow more shots and get pushed around more.

For the Kings, Justin Williams has been out with a mystery "lower body
soreness-injury". It's been 3-4 games. Also, some rookie defenseman
Alec Martinez has been on the IR this whole season. I didn't see him
in the pre-season so I don't know what the Kings are missing. My guess
is that he ain't coming back soon, as the Kings just got Randy Jones
off of waivers from Philly. I think it's a good addition. The Kings
are looking pretty deep with their young, mobile defensemen.

No comments: