Monday, November 2, 2009

Scary Movie

It was a movie watching weekend for me. I love horror films, but don't
go out of my way to watch them nearly enough. This weekend featured
plenty, since it was Halloween. I caught the newer versions of The
Hills Have Eyes and Amityville Horror. Both were enough to keep me
from falling asleep, but not enough for a recommended must see. I
think that monster movies are more my thing. But is it that much
harder to make an original horror movie? I don't entirely understand
the re-makes.

I also saw the newer, animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie. My
daughter was captivated by this one and repeatedly asked the names of
each turtle; as she tried to determine her favorite one. The purple
one because he wore purple. Then the yellow one, since he was funny
and said "dude" a lot. But she was most drawn in by the conflict
between brothers; and when Raphael and Leonardo had a rooftop duel, it
was very troubling to her. She has her share of fights with her
brother, but sword play seemed to cross the line. "But Dad, they are
BROTHERS!" she said. This made my weekend. Because if I teach my kids
nothing else but to honor their family, I think I've done alright.

No comments: