Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

So it's nearly Thanksgiving. People are clearly in a good mood today,
well, the people that showed up to work; which are not too many. I'm
thinking that not very much blogging will be done from here until next
week. It will be a busy time of driving, eating, napping, golfing,
eating, movies, golfing, eating, napping, hockey-ing, and driving. So,
I'm thankful for the excitement of the upcoming holiday, light traffic
this morning, positive attitudes, and getting out of work at 3:00
today.

Most of all I'm thankful for thankfulness. The current economy has
people counting their blessings. I would say that greed and the need
for "stuff" has got us in the situation that we are in today. We
Americans are quite selfish and spoiled in general, so it's nice to
see everyone greatful or thankful, even if it's for only one day and
partially self-inflicted.

I'm even thankful for having to: locate a bigger vehicle for the
weekend, pack it full of golf clubs, hockey gear, gas, clothes and
kids, drive for hours in slow holiday traffic, rush from place to
place, and sleep on the floor; if it means I can eat too much food
that I rarely get to eat, see people that don't see enough, and play
till I'm exhausted. You can't beat that.

No comments: