Friday, November 6, 2009

Kings over Cup Chumps

I usually get so excited about some events, that the actual event
itself couldn't possibly live up to my nervous anticipation. Not this
time. Saw a great game last night, as the Kings played a tight game
against the Penguins through two periods. It started-off with a bang,
and Kopitar scored in the first minute of play. Seconds later, Staal
scores on a long slapper at the circles. My first thoughts were,
"Damn, it might be a long night for Johnny Quick." End on the second
had Pittsburgh up 2-1. Quick had some absolute highlight reel saves. A
couple powerplay chances were cross-crease passes that he made killer
splits, toe saves on. There were some really annoying drunk guys
sitting behind me. You know the type, the loudest guy in the arena and
his 3 buddies. Trying to start all the cheers and yelling "SHOOT!" too
much on the powerplay. It was getting on my nerves, as the Kings were
down and the Penguin fans were pretty satisfied with themselves.

Third period saw 4 unanswered goals. Kings win 5-2. They had not even
announced the go-ahead goal, and the Kings scored another one seconds
later. Brown had a sick powerplay goal to seal it. The drunk guys
didn't bother me once the Kings tied it. In fact, they were climbing
all over me and Channer. Though, I think I tweaked my lower back with
this 200 pound dude draper all over me, when they fired a t-shirt
right at us. Damn, I had that thing in my hands. If I played
basketball, it would have been an easy rebound to pull down. The drunk
guys did come in handy as the Penguin "fans" started exiting the
building early, and we said goodbye to them as an entire section.

I wasn't paying attention to anything on my way home and nearly ran
out of gas. The range computer thingy said 1 mile left. Well, I figure
it was my night as I made it to the gas station and got home without
any unnecessary walking or a gas can.

No comments: