Thursday, November 12, 2009

TUF 10

I haven't really commented about TUF 10 yet. It's been an interesting
season, mostly for the lack of drama. Other seasons have had "that one
guy" who dominates the air time. I think most fans thought "that one
guy" would be Kimbo Slice. His personality has impressed, while his
fighting skills have not. The bigger drama has been between the
coaches, as Rampage and Rashad clearly don't like each other. I
thought it was an act at first, but they really seem to want to brawl.

That brings me to why this season has been a bit weak. In the previous
season, Hendo built up a little anamosity with Bisping, so it was
awesome when he knocked him out. Rampage is busy being B.A. Baracus in
the A Team movie, so his fight with Rashad is not planned and may
never happen. I don't care about their squabbles knowing that they
aren't going to fight. Then there's the fights themselves. I will
usually scan through most episodes, but stop to watch the fight at the
end. Watching heavyweights gas-out is not entertaining. Maybe this is
the why I like the WEC so much, it's all action and no standing around
with the little guys. Several of these big boy fights were downright
brutal to watch.

My favorite guy so far is Marcus. The Big Baby, ex-football player,
gardener, and gentle giant. He was interesting and all, but the
biggest surprise was the jiu jitsu he put on display in his fight. I'm
pulling for the lone Rampage guy left.

No comments: