Friday, February 12, 2010

50

Going to a good friend's 50th birthday party this weekend. Looking forward to a good time. Wow. 50. I'm sure I will be hitting that mark myself, in what seems like the blink of an eye. All the more reason to live it up everyday and yet keep the body maintained enough to last that long. It's a fine line.
It's great to have an excuse to express some appreciation for a good friend. In my advancing age, I've learned that many things come and go in life. So, it's nice to give a little recognition to a long lasting friendship, while it's still active. I've lost way too many friends lately, I must have mentioned that in an earlier post; but my surfing buddy and gamer friend had to leave town. It's not that I took them for granted, but I never had a day to celebrate their friendship, either.
So, with that in mind, I'm really looking forward to this trip.

No comments: