Thursday, January 1, 2009

1-3

Things are still not going well. I Tivo'd a couple Senators games, since I was out of town for Christmas. Well, after watching them lose badly for two games I couldn't watch them lose the third game all in one day. Fortunately, they won their last game. But the 10 game road trip sits at 1-3-0. Why such a long road trip? The World Junior Championships are being played at Scotiabank Place, so the Sens are effectively kicked out of their own arena.
Goaltending has cooled off of late. So that makes a bad team a horrible team. I've heard tons of rumors about Jason Spezza being traded. Now I'm having second thoughts; after major rants about the guy's soft play and lack of defense. Maybe I just like to blame him for Ottawa's problems like the media. But the bottom line is that the Sens are in no position to bargain and would ultimately give away an offensive wonder.

No comments: