Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Worlds

I was watching the World Junior Championships this year with a renewed interest. Because the US was supposed to have a strong team? Yes. Well that, and the fact that some of the top draft picks for next year are showcased. So, is this a round-a-bout way of saying that the Senators should be planning for a top pick and that I'm giving up hope on this season. 'Cause at this rate the playoffs are out of reach. I'm a loyal fan, but there aren't many signs that the Sens can turnaround their play. At least earlier in the season, the goaltending was solid and it was a matter of near-zero offense. Now, they are finding ways of losing games and the goaltending is questionable.
 
I've heard rumors about gold medal winning coach, Pat Quinn, coming to Ottawa. First, I must say that I didn't think he was the guy to coach a squad of young Canadian junior players. But he proved that wrong. So, maybe he can take a team of underachieving head-cases and turnaround their season. Nothing against Hartsburg, but I have yet to see any response from the team under his watch. Granted, he hasn't had much time, but you aren't given much time in Ottawa. Instant results are demanded. Maybe the roster needs to be shaken-up, but in the salary cap era that's not easy to do. It wouldn't surprise me to see the 4th new head coach in under two seasons walking in the door soon.

No comments: