Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rock bottom

I have to say that last night's game was the new low point of the season for the Senators. In one of the more bizarre moments I've seen on the ice, Ruutu bites Peters' thumb. The two were in a scuffle in front of the players' benches and Peter was giving a face wash to Ruutu. He quickly pulls his hand away and throws off his glove, shaking his bare hand and immediately skating to the ref. Apparently, Peters got his thumb close to or into Ruutu's mouth and then a Mike Tyson-esque moment happened.
I have to say that I was not overjoyed with the signing of Ruutu this summer. The Sens needed toughness, but not at the cost of dishonor. I thought he was an agitator that crossed the line way too often, and this proved me right. I hope Hartsburg scratches the guy indefinitely and then Murray buys him out or trades him. It's embarrassing to have him associated with your organization. Wow, I didn't think this team could sink much lower, but I was definitely wrong.

No comments: