Thursday, January 29, 2009

UFC 94

I'm looking forward to this weekend's fight. Penn/GSP has been hyped quite a bit, with three weeks of Countdown shows, and I've been anticipating it since the announcement late last year. The UFC is on a roll with huge fight cards. The result of this one could create yet another mega-fight. There are rumors that GSP could face Anderson Silva! I'd love to see that one.
But I'm still pulling for Penn. He's the underdog in Vegas betting odds and will probably give up 15 pounds on fight night. BJ is cocky and still portrayed as a bit lazy, however you can't deny that the guy just loves to fight. He may not look like much, but Fedor and Anderson Silva would hardly win bodybuilding contests either.
As a fan, I'm just hoping for a good, clean fight.
Lyoto Machida/Thiago Silva will be interesting. A very big contrast of styles. Machida is super elusive and Silva is a pitbull. I'm giving the edge to Machida. I hope Silva is the first to take Machida down and do some damage, but I doubt it. Machida by decision.

No comments: