Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Paper or Plastic

Here's my Earth Day post. I'm flooded with Earth Day stuff here at work, so it's hard to avoid.  I'm hardly the most Green person on the planet, but I do have an Earth Day suggestion.
 
Paper or plastic? Neither. My daughter basically made us buy those re-usable cotton bags you see at the grocery store. Beware what they are teaching your kids at school these days. Anyway. Yeah, the ones that look too small to carry anything and are a pain to remember to bring back to the grocery store. But my Earth Day suggestion to you is go buy them and use them, they're very Green and great for the planet.
 
But seriously, I come from a viewpoint of frugal and lazy, not Green. How many times have you had a paper or plastic bag tear open on you and your gallon of milk is all over the sidewalk? I try to carry 4 or more of those plastic bags in each hand to take less trips back and forth from the car to the house, since I'm lazy. The re-usable bags are surprisingly strong. You can really load them up. So, that means less breakage and less trips back to the car. From that standpoint, they are better and therefore worth using. They also happen to save the planet and stop global warming and save the polar ice caps...

No comments: