Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Who wins tonight?

I will stay true to my picks and say Rangers & Devils. Caps have all the momentum right now. Ovenchicken is back to his unstoppable self, while Lundqvist can't stop anything. But my saving grace is Chris Drury. There are certain guys that deliver in the clutch or just have a way of elevating their play based on the level of urgency. Claude Lemieux and Joe Nieuwendyk are classic examples, oh and that Gretzky guy. Drury is near the top in this category. Gomez is also a high stakes player. If the Rangers win, I bet it is because of Drury. (And assuming that Lundqvist can stop the puck again)
 
The upside of both my picks failing is a sweet second round matchup. Penguins vs. Capitals. I don't think there is a better matchup for the NHL to hype than Crosby & Malkin vs Ovechkin. Bettman is at a church right now, praying for this matchup.

No comments: