Monday, April 27, 2009

Sleepless in Round 1

I love the first round. There are several games on each coast every night. There's a lot of in-game updates and regret for not watching the MOST exciting game that night. And I will usually drop out of a game for one that's in overtime. Only a few games left to finish-up round 1. I will miss all of that playoff action, every night, jammed into two weeks.
 
So far the Rangers/Caps series has lived up to my expectation going 7 games. Plenty of drama with Lundqvist stealing two games and then getting pulled for two games. Avery was a sparkplug, then takes too many penalties. Tortorella scratches Avery to teach him a lesson about discipline; then the coach gets suspended one game for an altercation with a fan (nice discipline coach). Brashear was almost involved in a Slap Shot-esque fight during the pre-game skate, then he levels Betts in the first period with a late hit knocking Betts out of the playoffs with a broken orbital bone. These offenses will cost Brashear 6 games! Wild stuff. Who knows what will happen in game 7? But I'm not missing it.
 
Flames and Sharks must win tonight, game 6, or be eliminated. For the sake of my predictions, I'll say both reach game 7.
 

No comments: