Monday, August 24, 2009

Someone has a case of the Mondays

Solid, long weekend. Golfed 66 holes over 3-days. I've never played any of the courses before. I wish that were the excuse for my play; but when you can't hit the ball it could be a course you know, don't know, the range or your backyard. Even after 66 holes, I never really got my swing going. I'm not one to expect to shoot a low score or anything. But if I can knock in a few solid putts, nail a few greens, hit some long drives and keep it under 100; I'm satisfied. Not a satisfying weekend on the golf front.
 
Started the weekend right, drove up to the Central Coast in 3 hours. Nice. The drive back, not so nice. I gave myself a healthy cushion, since Santa Barbara is a slow affair on Sunday afternoons. But it took me 4.5 hours to get back. And that was for 33 miles less distance. I probably could have ridden a bicycle through Santa Barbara much faster than being in a car on the 101 East.
 
Well, it was still a good time. Great eats and cold drinks. Didn't puke-up any cigars. So it was a fun time. A couple of the courses were especially tough, but also much nicer than what I normally play. I like getting out on the courses with crazy fast greens, every now and then. Despite taking a beating, I'm looking forward to the next big, golf weekend. Maybe we can add an eating contest so I have a chance at winning something. Then again, Johnny can beat me at that too.

No comments: