Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Winter Olympics 2010

The Olympics are coming up. Should be fun to watch. But I'm not a
total supporter of NHL'ers in the Olympics. I think it is the mystique
of the Miracle on Ice, and knowing that it didn't happen with NHL
players. Actually, I guess it can. I would consider it a minor miracle
for the US to take home the gold. No offense, but looking at the
roster of Canada, Russia, & Sweden it's obvious that the NHL is not
overrun with US-born superstars. I think Canada has so much depth that
it could field two teams and both would be very competitive.
But at the end of the day, it's still a team game. Throwing together
the top talent doesn't guarantee them playing as a team. My hope is
that the US has the right personalities that can work together, and
Miller (or Thomas) is lights out in goal. Miller has been spectacular
so far this year, so there's hope!

No comments: