Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Canucks move on

Vancouver gets to play for the Stanley Cup. The Sharks were just a bit too inconsistent through the playoffs and it caught up to them. They had up and down moments in all of their series: Kings, Red Wings, and Canucks. Except, Vancouver never let them off the hook, and won the OT games.
The 2OT game winner was unique, yet typical. The puck took a weird bounce off the glass a skipped to Bieksa and he slapped it into the bottom corner of the net; while a unaware Niemi was looking for the puck on the hard around. It is usually a weird play that makes the difference in OT or at least it's the odd-ball turnover or miscue that I end up remembering.
I'm still pulling for the Lightning out of the East. They are down 3-2. Timmmay Thomas stole a few games. Guy Boucher made a bit of a coaching error in swapping goalies (in my mind). But the Bolts are still in it. I would love to see Simon Gagne and Dwayne Roloson win a Cup before they retire. Mostly I want to see GM Steve Yzerman have success in Tampa Bay.
Then again, should Boston win, I'm still pulling for them over the Canucks...

No comments: