Thursday, May 12, 2011

Game 7

A big Game 7 tonight between the Red Wings and Sharks. I am still pulling for the Red Wings. There are those that follow the theory of following the opponent that beat your team. In my case it would be the Sharks, since they beat my Kings. But I don't subscribe to that. I have always been a Red Wings watcher. My college roommate is a big Yzerman fan, so I've always know how the Wings are playing and who's on the roster. I have to admit that their puck possession style of play is a thing of beauty. Datsyuk is a magician with the puck. Lidstrom is one of the best defenders to ever play the game. You have hard hitting guys like Kronwall. Speedy guys like Draper and Helm. Hard nosed guys like Holmstrom. And when it works it is awesome, which for the last two decades has been working pretty often. The organization itself is first class, finding draft gems out of the higher rounds more consistently than anyone. It's just a shame that Yzerman couldn't take over the GM reigns as he was being groomed for, but clearly the Lightning are better for it. I know I'm rambling here, but I hope Stevie Y eventually finds his way back to the Wings and carries on a tradition of winning.
All of that to say I am bitter about the Kings losing a 4-goal lead to the Sharks. But I think the Sharks losing a 3-0 series lead will make me feel much better.

No comments: